• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 27, 2021

    Call of Duty Zombies Accidents Happen

    Call of Duty Zombies Accidents Happen


    Accidents Happen

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 03:02 AM PDT

    Had a cool bug in outbreak! I got lit on fire from a hellhound and kept the fire affect on me until we warped. This is the view from my Fiance's ps4.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 06:14 AM PDT

    People don't think Cold War Zombies is bad. They think Treyarch's handling of it is.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 10:50 AM PDT

    I've seen a lot of almost identical posts on here about how "Cold War Zombies is great" and how that's an "unpopular opinion"... So, I thought this is worth clearing up.

    Very little people on this subreddit actually think Cold War Zombies is bad. It's a very popular opinion that the new mobility is excellent, the new perk system is amazing, and the tier upgrades are a fantastic addition to the game. Hell, even the maps are a load of fun.

    The issue I see most people bring up I Treyarch's handling of the mode this year.

    • Lack of Content - The game dropped with one map. We got DLC 1 in February (despite many "rumours" claiming it was originally supposed to be a launch map). All of this is fine; however, now we may not see a new map until Season 4, or even 5. The only new content we've gotten are field upgrades and ammo mods. Well, and...

    • Outbreak - Outbreak is great. It may be the best "side mode" zombies has ever gotten. However, it no longer feels like a side mode. This is where a lot of complaints have come from recently. Since releasing last season, Outbreak has gotten: two new maps, a new objective, and a new side objective. Both new field upgrades, and the new ammo type also released with Outbreak. All new zombie content seems to be focused on Outbreak. However, despite this... OUTBREAK DOESN'T EVEN HAVE UNIQUE MAPS. They're literally just MP maps, even the "zombie exclusive season 3 map" Treyarch announced, is just a Fireteam map.

    • Nerfs - Again, another issue that has come up recently. Treyarch advertised Cold War Zombies with power. The whole "any weapon can be an Uber Weapon". This is one of the reason so many people love Cold War zombies. You truly feel powerful, and (almost) any weapon can get you to Round 100. However, nerfs to the shotguns and deadwire has made people worried. Instead of fixing broken weapons like the snipers (that can't even collat properly), Treyarch decides to nerf the more powerful weapons, and the ammo mod that truly makes any weapon "feel like an Uber Weapon". It just sends the wrong message.

    There are other reasons too: like bugs, xp rates, false bans, etc. However, I don't want this post to come across as too negative. Cold War zombies is great, most people here love it. It's just many fans are frustrated at the moment because it feels like Treyarch doesn't care about it. And that makes sense. Since Cold War launched, Warzone has continuously been given the most attention. Multiplayer has been given dwindling care, with Outbreak (again, a "side mode") being given equal to more content than it. It just feels like traditional zombies is being shafted to the side.

    I'm not going to try and come up with ways Treyarch can do better, it's pointless. They're never going to see this post, and they'll probably never care. Just remember that people don't hate this incarnation of zombies, they're just frustrated by how it's being handled.

    submitted by /u/EDAboii
    [link] [comments]

    Go Arlington!

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 08:34 PM PDT

    For anyone missing Cranked, you can actually still play it on PS5...

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 04:50 AM PDT

    Vehicle explosions aren't counting towards the "Don't look back" challenge and instead just respawns all the zombies killed by it

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 07:14 AM PDT

    Like damn bro just tell me about the ghostbuster traps

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 11:47 AM PDT

    The idea that zombies doesn't need balancing because it's a PVE mode, is absurd and people should understand the need for balancing.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 05:03 AM PDT

    TLDR at the bottom.

    I keep seeing the exact same comment all over this sub "It's PVE, let me be powerful". PVE needs balancing just as much as PVP. Balancing keeps games fresh and stops the stale "one weapon meta" we've had in this game for ages.

    I can understand the frustration behind the deadwire nerf considering how many nerfs they've given it now. I never personally used it so maybe I just don't get how powerful it really was but I do know that most of the ammo mods are generally fun to use so just try something else.

    The Hauer was OP and needed balancing, hell it's arguably still the most powerful weapon you can bring in and most probably do. The most logical solution is to bring it more in line with other weapons, not throw the entire game out of whack by making every weapon god tier. The game isn't supposed to be a power fantasy and one of the most enjoyable parts of zombies is the challenge, something people have been complaining about there not being in this game (Whilst all running meta loadouts).

    \Edit As somebody mentioned in a comment below, buffing everything to the level of one outlier would just lead to power creep. Everything new would always have to be more powerful than the previous weapons to give value to it. If you've ever played a game that suffers from power creep, you'd know it's shit.\**

    There was almost no need to run anything besides the Hauer unless you were doing the DA grind. Having done it I can safely say that using a variety of different weapons can be fun and encourages playing differently. If I hadn't been doing the grind, there'd have been almost no reason to not use the Hauer. It was the most efficient weapon by a lot so the only logical choice for trying to go to high rounds. I'd be shooting myself in the foot by not using it.

    Now all Treyarch needs to do is stop thinking about nerfs and now focus on buffing the weapons that are extremely underwhelming. Balancing does go both ways after all and I do think they've focused a bit too much on nerfing things even the buffs in S2 still haven't really changed much and ARs, Snipers, Launchers and a few SMGS still very shit to use in zombies, even fully pap'd + tiered up.

    TLDR: Literally the only reason to use any weapon besides the Hauer was if you were doing the camo grind. Balancing helps prevent situations like this, where only one weapon is viable. Problem is the fact that Treyarch are fine doing big nerfs but haven't really given us any huge buffs to bring other weapons to the forefront.

    submitted by /u/SolutionAlone3022
    [link] [comments]

    Thunder Gun drawing

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 11:28 PM PDT

    I finally killed orda after weeks of trying

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 09:52 AM PDT

    I have just completed my first Easter egg today, and I did it solo.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 11:38 AM PDT

    Weaponized Atherium Blueprint/Camo Concept

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 06:25 PM PDT

    I’m not sure if I’m the first person to think of this, but a transit outbreak map would be really cool. Remove the fog, the lava, and the denizens, and I think that it would be really good

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 11:37 AM PDT

    Can you imagine how popular the older games would be if the DLC was free?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 11:12 AM PDT

    Right now I'm looking at town on Black ops 2 with 100 players. Now I know that was a fun little map but I mean I would prefer at least 50 of them on Mob of the Dead. Or what about zestbou no shima on bo3? That's the only map part of the season pass that I can't find any games on. And the game is not even that old.

    I don't know why Activision has such a stick up their ass about money they make plenty of it from call of duty every year whether the game is good or not. As someone who has bought all the DLC I would love to play them with others I'm not going to be like give me my money back lol

    submitted by /u/saltymidget2392
    [link] [comments]

    I must say training with super sprinters is incredibly fun and gives me a good adrenaline rush.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 07:41 AM PDT

    I was about to shut my Xbox off and decided to call the tram, I was pleasantly surprised. Also how rare is this because I’ve never seen this before?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 09:22 PM PDT

    Wunderwaffe Drawing

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 02:25 PM PDT

    Maybe I am a Thompso

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 12:44 PM PDT

    Apparently it was a bug and not intended

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 12:30 PM PDT

    Why aren’t there newer season weapons in the mystery box in Cold War zombies?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 11:47 PM PDT

    I've spent about 20k on the mystery box in firebase Z, trying to see if any new weapons were added like the ppsh but my luck's either terrible or it's not in there. No Google search helped either so will the devs add them?

    submitted by /u/AngeryyDoggo
    [link] [comments]

    Crossbow makes me go yes.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 10:57 AM PDT

    Assault Wave Only Mode?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 08:01 AM PDT

    I love playing the assault waves on Firebase Z and think it would be cool if we had an assault wave only game mode where you start in front of an objective and you just have to defend increasingly difficult assault waves. I just think that would be tons of fun and not too difficult for the devs to make.

    submitted by /u/Schrodingers_Owl
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment